* Boston 7, at Baltimore 2: Daisuke Matsuzaka won his fourth straight start and improved to 15-2 despite struggling through five innings, and the Red Sox got homers from Jason Varitek and Kevin Youkilis.
* at Chicago 5, Seattle 0: Clayton Richard pitched six innings for his first major league win. The Mariners have lost five in a row, dropping to an AL-worst 46-79.
* at Minnesota 13, Oakland 2: Kevin Slowey had a career-high 12 strikeouts and Brian Buscher matched his career best with five runs batted in.
* at Cleveland 9, Kansas City 4: Grady Sizemore, in a 10-for-61 slump, hit a three-run homer, his 28th of the season, on the first pitch from reliever Leo Nunez after the Royals’ Luke Hochevar left because of tightness in his rib cage.
* at Toronto 2, New York 1: A.J. Burnett won his sixth consecutive start and Blue Jays first baseman Lyle Overbay helped preserve the lead in the top of the ninth when he made a strong throw to get Alex Rodriguez trying to stretch a hit into a double leading off.
* Detroit 11, at Texas 3: Matt Joyce homered twice, including a three-run shot in a nine-run seventh inning, and Armando Galarraga (12-4) beat his former team.
* at Tampa Bay 4, Angels 2: An outstanding start by Ervin Santana was wasted.