* at San Diego 4, Arizona 2: Jody Gerut hit a two-run homer against Jon Rauch in the bottom of the ninth inning and the Padres ended a seven-game losing streak. Trevor Hoffman (2-6) pitched a scoreless ninth for the win.
* Chicago 12, at Pittsburgh 3: Aramis Ramirez homered and drove in three runs, and the Cubs won their third in a row. The Cubs improved to 81-50 -- the first time they’ve been 31 games above .500 since they ended the 1984 season with a 96-65 record.
* Colorado 4, at San Francisco 2: Jeff Francis got his first win in more than two months, and the Rockies won for the eighth time in 10 games.
* at New York 9, Houston 1: Carlos Delgado hit a pair of three-run homers and Jose Reyes also had a big night at the plate with a double and a triple.
* at Philadelphia 5, Dodgers 0: The Phillies completed their first four-game sweep of the Dodgers in 23 years.