* at San Diego 9, Arizona 2: Brian Giles and Kevin Kouzmanoff drove in three runs as the Padres denied Brandon Webb his 20th victory. Rookie Chad Reineke (2-1) combined with five relievers on a three-hitter.
* Cincinnati 2, at Houston 1: Bronson Arroyo pitched Cincinnati’s first complete game of the season.
* Colorado 7, at San Francisco 2: Chris Iannetta and Garrett Atkins drove in two runs apiece and the Rockies, who made an impressive late-season charge to win the NL West last season, pulled within six games of first-place Arizona and are only three games behind the Dodgers for second place.
* Milwaukee 12, at St. Louis 0: Ryan Braun was three for five with a two-run homer.
* at Atlanta 10, Florida 9: The Braves scored four in the ninth against Marlins closer Kevin Gregg.
* Chicago 14, at Pittsburgh 9: Geovany Soto drove in seven runs and the Cubs rallied for the victory.
* at Philadelphia 8, New York 7 (13 innings): Chris Coste hit an RBI single in the bottom of the 13th inning to defeat the Mets, who had led, 7-0, after the top of the fourth inning.
* at Washington 2, Dodgers 1: The Dodgers hit into four double plays and left 10 runners on base.