* at Oakland 3, Texas 1: Jack Cust's two-run homer in the seventh inning helped the Athletics end the Rangers' winning streak at four games. Santiago Casilla (1-0) threw a scoreless seventh for the win, and has yet to give up a run in 16 1/3 innings.
* at Boston 7, Tampa Bay 3: Kevin Youkilis had four runs batted in and Jon Lester pitched six innings to spoil the return of Rays ace Scott Kazmir. After being swept for the first time in franchise history by Tampa Bay last weekend, the Red Sox returned the favor and outscored the Rays in the series, 26-10.
* at New York 8, Seattle 2: Derek Jeter had four hits and the Yankees got consecutive homers from Melky Cabrera and Robinson Cano during a six-run outburst that completed a three-game sweep. New York outscored the Mariners, 19-4, in the series.
* at Toronto 4, Chicago 3: Roy Halladay won for the first time in four starts, Matt Stairs scored twice and drove in two runs and the Blue Jays handed the White Sox their season-high fifth straight loss. The White Sox have lost eight of 11 to fall below .500 for the first time since they were 1-2. Chicago has the lowest team batting average in the American League at .232.
* Kansas City 2, at Cleveland 0: Gil Meche pitched seven shutout innings, and a throwing error by third baseman Casey Blake broke a scoreless tie.