* at Baltimore 5, Boston 4: Luke Scott homered and had three of the Orioles' 11 hits off Josh Beckett (4-3), and the Orioles received solid pitching from Jeremy Guthrie (2-3), who gave up three runs -- two earned -- and eight hits in six-plus innings.
* at Cleveland 4, Oakland 0: Paul Byrd (2-3) and relievers Rafael Perez and Masahide Kobayashi combined for the Indians' fourth shutout in seven games. Byrd gave up five hits and struck out seven in extending the Indians' scoreless streak to 34 innings by their starters.
* at Texas 5, Seattle 2: Ramon Vazquez, who hit a game-winning home run in the 10th inning Monday, drove in the go-ahead run with a sixth-inning sacrifice fly to send the Rangers to their 12th victory in their last 14 games. Vazquez had two RBIs.
* at Kansas City 3, Detroit 2: Jose Guillen drove in two runs to help the Royals rally. Leo Nunez (3-0), the third of four Royals pitchers, picked up the victory. Joakim Soria worked a perfect ninth to earn his ninth save in as many opportunities. He has yet to give up an earned run.
* Toronto 5, at Minnesota 3: Matt Stairs homered and scored twice to help the Blue Jays prevail with some rare offensive production. Lyle Overbay and Shannon Stewart each had two hits for Toronto, which scored at least five runs in a game for only the second time in the last 10.
* at Tampa Bay 2, New York 1 (11 innings): The Rays (23-16) won to move seven games over .500 for the first time in their 11 seasons. They've also won six in a row and a club-record 11 in a row at home.