* at San Francisco 4, Houston 2: Matt Cain hit a solo home run and earned his first victory in three starts and the Giants stopped the Astros’ four-game winning streak. It was the fourth career homer and second this season for Cain (2-3).
* Pittsburgh 8, St. Louis 4 (10 innings): Ronny Paulino drove in the go-ahead run in a four-run 10th inning to lead the Pirates to their seventh victory in eight games.
* at Philadelphia 5, Atlanta 4: Jayson Werth drove in four runs and Kyle Kendrick (3-2) pitched six effective innings. Brad Lidge finished for his 10th save.
* at New York 6, Washington 3: Ryan Church homered, doubled and drove in four runs against his former team. John Maine (5-2) pitched six sharp innings.
* San Diego 4, at Chicago 3: Khalil Greene hit a three-run homer to help Shawn Estes earn his first victory since 2005.
* at Cincinnati 5, Florida 3: Edinson Volquez (6-1) pitched six effective innings and Joey Votto homered. Mark Hendrickson (5-2) gave up four runs and eight hits in five innings.
* at Arizona 8, Colorado 4: Randy Johnson (3-1) went five shaky innings for his 287th career victory.
* at Milwaukee 5, Dodgers 3: Eric Gagne earned his 10th save.