* at Chicago 4, Cleveland 1: Jose Contreras outpitched C.C. Sabathia, and Jim Thome and Carlos Quentin hit solo homers to lift the White Sox to their season-high sixth straight win. It's the White Sox's longest streak since they won nine in a row from June 15 to June 24, 2006.
* at Minnesota 11, Texas 4: Glen Perkins pitched six scoreless innings for his first major league win and the Rangers lost their third in a row after Minnesota roughed up starter Doug Mathis (1-1) for nine runs in 2 1/3 innings.
* at Detroit 12, Seattle 8: Justin Verlander struck out a season-high seven and Edgar Renteria hit one of the Tigers' four homers and matched a career high with five RBIs. Adrian Beltre hit a solo home run off Verlander in the first inning, then Seattle didn't score again until the seventh inning when it trailed by 10 runs.
* Tampa Bay 3, at Oakland 2: A's left fielder Emil Brown tried to make a sliding catch on Dioner Navarro's sinking liner in the eighth inning and the ball got past him for a three-run error. Scott Kazmir (3-1) won his third straight start and Troy Percival finished for his 13th save.
* at Boston 2, Kansas City 1: Rookie Justin Masterson pitched 6 1/3 strong innings one day after Jon Lester's no-hitter. The 23-year-old Masterson gave up one run and three hits in his second major league start.
* Baltimore 12, at New York 2: Adam Jones hit a three-run double during the Orioles' seven-run first inning against Mike Mussina.
* Angels 3, at Toronto 1: John Lackey won for the first time since Sept. 28.