Spanish whites: Where to buy them in Southern California
• The 2008 Burgans Rias Baixas Albariño is available at the Wine House in West Los Angeles, (310) 479-3731, https://www.winehouse.com; Woodland Hills Wine Co. in Woodland Hills, (818) 222-1111, https://www.whwc.com; and Manhattan Fine Wines in Manhattan Beach, (310) 374-3454, about $13.
•The 2008 Mártin Códax Rias Baixas Albariño is available at Du Vin Wine & Spirits, West Hollywood, (310) 855-1161, https://www.du-vin.net; John & Pete’s Fine Wines & Spirits in West Hollywood, (310) 657-3080, https://www.johnandpetes.com; and Mel & Rose Wine & Spirits in West Hollywood, (323) 655-5557, https://www.melandrose.com, about $16.
• The 2007 Do Ferreiro Rias Baixas “Cepas Vellas” is available at the Wine House, for about $22. Do Ferreiro’s other bottling, “Rebisaca,” is available at Wine Exchange in Orange, (714) 974-1454, https://www.winex.com; Manhattan Fine Wines, Manhattan Beach, (310) 374-3454, https://www.manhattanfinewines.com; and Wine Country in Signal Hill, (562) 597-8303, https://www.thewinecountry.com, about $22.
• The 2008 Viña Mein Ribeiro white blend is available at Wine Country in Signal Hill, about $15.
•The 2008 Ameztoi Txakoli Getariakos is available at the Wine House; Wine Exchange in Orange; and Woodland Hills Wine Co., about $18.
• The 2008 El Hada Rueda white blend is available at K&L Wine Merchants, Hollywood, (323) 464-9463, https://www.klwines.com, about $10.
• The 2007 Angel Rodriguez Martinsancho Rueda Verdejo is available at K&L Wine Merchants, Hollywood; Colorado Wine Co. in Eagle Rock, (323) 478-1985; and Wine Country, Signal Hill, about $18.
• The 2008 Bodegas Shaya Rueda Verdejo “Old Vines” is available at Woodland Hills Wine Co.; Wine Exchange; John & Pete’s and Wally’s Wine & Spirits in Los Angeles, (310) 475-0606, https://www.wallywine.com, about $15.
• And the exotic La Bermejos wines from the Canary Islands, the 2008 Malvasia Seco, and the 2008 Tinto Carbonico, Listan Negra, are currently available at Wally’s Wine & Spirits, about $25.