From-scratch poultry seasoning gives poultry-less dishes a distinct Thanksgiving taste with almost no effort.
Total time: 5 minutes | Makes scant 3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried savory or thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Pulse the sage, rosemary, savory, oreganoand peppercorns in a spice grinder until coarsely ground. If you don’t have a spice grinder, substitute 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper for the whole peppercorns and rub the dried herbs between your fingers to crush them. Stir in the nutmeg until well-mixed.
Make ahead: The seasoning will keep in an airtight container for up to one month.