Just four people were arrested Thursday night as more than 300,000 revelers strolled down Santa Monica Boulevard for West Hollywood’s annual Halloween Carnaval, authorities said.
In addition to the arrests, 75 calls went out for medical service and a total of 46 people were transported to local hospitals throughout the evening, according to Los Angeles County sheriff’s Sgt. Tressa Gunnels. No further details about the nature of the arrests or injuries were immediately available, but Gunnels said that none were serious.
Thursday’s event stretched along Santa Monica Boulevard from Doheny Drive to La Cienega Boulevard for about five hours. More than 50 performers were scheduled on six stages along the carnaval route.
Earlier this week, organizers announced Queen Latifah as the honorary Queen of the Carnaval, whose theme this year was "Noir Night.” Organizers said the theme was a nod to “a classic era” for West Hollywood.
The event, which ran from 6 to 11 p.m., has been a city tradition since its inception in 1987.