The 2019 NFL draft day hats have been unleashed upon the public, and they are … well, better than last year (ugh, the infamous 2018 team slogan hats).
This year’s designs incorporated some aspect of the team’s city or state flag (when applicable), and the results are varied. Some teams nailed it, some failed miserably and many fell in between the two. What follows is a ranking of all 32 hats, from first to worst.
Please keep in mind that this is one man’s opinion, based on how willing I’d be to wear the cap on my head if I rooted for that team.
1. Arizona Cardinals
Bold, yet classy, and downright snazzy.
2. Oakland Raiders
The Raiders probably didn’t know where they were going to be playing in 2019 when these were designed, so they went with the U.S. flag in silver and black. Very nice.
3. Atlanta Falcons
Great use of the Georgia flag without going overboard (other teams should have definitely taken note).
Rep our draft cap for the 2019 NFL Draft.— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) April 2, 2019
Get yours today.
Nothing fancy, but nice
4. Houston Texans, 5. Chicago Bears, 6. Baltimore Ravens
They cheated, but …
The Seahawks went with their 12th man flag. That seems to be bending the rules, but the hat looks good and it’s definitely something fans would want to wear. It comes in at No. 7.
Wacky, but they work
8. Buffalo Bills, 9. Detroit Lions
Fans are sure to wear these, but nothing really seems to set them apart from any other team caps.
10. Washington Redskins, 11. Green Bay Packers, 12. Rams, 13. New York Jets, 14. New England Patriots, 15. Dallas Cowboys, 16. Indianapolis Colts, 17. Cincinnati Bengals
Some good ideas here, but ugly hats.
18. Minnesota Vikings, 19. San Francisco 49ers, 20. Miami Dolphins, 21. New York Giants, 22. Pittsburgh Steelers
🚨 JUST RELEASED: 2019 Steelers Draft Hats! 🚨— Steelers Pro Shop (@SteelersShop) April 2, 2019
Show the world you are a Steelers fan inside and out! Pittsburgh flag-inspired design on the front and a patch of the city flag inside!
Shop today for free shipping on all hats 👉 https://t.co/85rU4xgm4H pic.twitter.com/w5t4SKlkGS
Did they try?
23. Chargers, 24. Denver Broncos, 25. New Orleans Saints
Wacky, and they don’t work
26. Kansas City Chiefs, 27. Tennessee Titans
Decent hats completely ruined by hideous brims.
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 29. Philadelphia Eagles
The bottom three are all examples of taking the local flag theme and going entirely in the wrong direction.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars, 31. Cleveland Browns, 32. Carolina Panthers