Americans going on vacation this summer are choosing Las Vegas and Cancun, Mexico, over other destinations, according to travel booking and planning website TripAdvisor.
It also found that 88% of Americans plan to take a vacation this summer, up 6% over last year.
Looking at search and booking data for the upcoming summer season, TripAdvisor found these 10 places — split between domestic and overseas — to be the top picks.
The website also calculated the cost of a week’s vacation, using average costs for round-trip airfare, hotel, meals and tours.
1. Las Vegas ($2,224, including $384 for round-trip airfare; Southern Californians can fly for much less)
2. Cancun, Mexico ($2,480)
3. Orlando, Fla. ($1,932)
4. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic ($3,098)
5. Myrtle Beach, S.C. ($2,304)
6. New York City ($3,341; cheapest time to go is June 27 to July 3, TripAdvisor says)
7. London ($4,056)
8. Destin, Fla. ($2,807)
9. Paris ($3,579)
10. Playa del Carmen, Mexico ($2,374)