This is our look at President Trump's administration and the rest of Washington:
- Trump's Supreme Court pick is Neil Gorsuch
- Homeland Security secretary says countries on banned list "may not be taken off anytime soon"
- Acting attorney general fired by Trump
- Trump orders agencies to cut back on regulations
- White House clarifies how new immigration policy affects green-card holders
Just like with conflicts of interest, he wants to do more than what the Constitution requires. So President-elect Trump has decided, and we are announcing today, that he is going to voluntarily donate all profits from foreign government payments made to his hotels to the United States Treasury. This way it is the American people who will profit.
Dillon made the anouncement after first saying Trump and his advisors did not believe that paying for a hotel room would fall under the so-called emoluments clause , That provision states: “no person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress , accept of any present, Emolument, Office or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign state.”