For the fourth consecutive week, Mission Viejo High School is the No. 1-ranked prep football team in Orange County.
The Diablos moved into the top spot in the Orange County Sportswriters’ Assn. poll on Sept. 27 after defeating top-ranked Fountain Valley. Mission Viejo shut out Capistrano Valley, 16-0, in its South Coast League opener Friday.
Two other South Coast League teams are in the top 10. El Toro is ninth and Irvine is 10th.
In this week’s featured game, No.3 Edison plays No.5 Fountain Valley.
The writers’ poll:
Pos. School (League) Record
1. Mission Viejo (South Coast) 6-0
2. Servite (Angelus) 6-0
3. Edison (Sunset) 6-0
4. Woodbridge (Pacific Coast) 6-0
5. Fountain Valley (Sunset) 4-2
6. Valencia (Orange) 5-0-1
7. Los Alamitos (Empire) 5-0-1
8. Corona del Mar (Sea View) 5-0-1
9. El Toro (South Coast) 4-2
10. Irvine (South Coast) 5-1
Others Receiving Votes: Katella (4-1-1), Troy (4-1-1).