Local News in Brief : Placentia : Electrical Short Causes $110,000 Home Blaze

A fire started by an electrical short in an attic caused $110,000 in damage Sunday to a house in Placentia, a Fire Department spokesman said.

A faulty circuit breaker was believed to be responsible for the electrical short that touched off the 6:44 a.m. fire, which destroyed about half the attic and roof at a home at 836 Brooklyn Ave., Fire Capt. Michael Fechner said.

A family was at home at the time of the fire, but everyone escaped the burning house unhurt, Fechner said. The family, whose name was not immediately available, “was being taken care of through the Red Cross,” he said.