Santa Ana : Man, 27, Killed in Drive-By Shooting
A 27-year-old Santa Ana man was killed by shotgun fire in what police said Tuesday was a random, drive-by shooting.
Police identified the victim as Miguel Angel Guzman, who was fired upon about 11:05 p.m. Monday as he walked in the 500 block of South Raitt Street.
Guzman was the city’s 28th homicide victim so far this year, police said.
“He was walking down the street, and someone passing in a full-size, older model, dark vehicle drove by, slowed down and fired several shots,” said police spokeswoman Maureen Thomas. “The victim sustained two gunshot wounds to his upper body. We don’t know the weapon. We have very little to go on.”
Guzman was taken to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center and died a short time later, Thomas said.
“We don’t feel this was gang-related, but we won’t know for sure without further investigation,” she said.