Based on today's standards for inclusion on the baseball salary "A" list, here are my 10 reasons why Ryne Sandberg should not be the leader of the pack:
10. He has demonstrated loyalty to the Chicago Cubs.
9. He never batted .200, then asked to renegotiate his contract.
8. He doesn't carry a gun.
7. He has not gone through substance rehabilitation.
6. He didn't write his autobiography after his rookie year.
5. He has a low jewelry count.
4. He hasn't been arrested.
3. He plays only one sport.
2. His barber hasn't carved "Rhino" in his head.
1. He loves the game.
GARY A. PAGE