Advertisement

FULLERTON : Electric Blanket Causes House Fire

Fire officials blamed an improperly stored electric blanket for an early morning fire Wednesday that caused an estimated $125,000 in damage and forced a family to evacuate the home.

The fire at 2808 E. Mystic Ave. began about 1:30 a.m. after the blanket ignited. The electric blanket was apparently still turned on when it was left folded in the second-floor master bedroom, authorities said.

Hyo J. Kim was working downstairs when he heard the alarm from the home’s smoke detectors. He and his wife attempted to douse the fire to no avail. The Kims, their two children and the family’s housekeeper then fled. There were no injuries.

Four fire engines and a truck company took about half an hour to extinguish the blaze. in the upscale neighborhood. The bedroom and the roof of the home were destroyed.

Advertisement


Advertisement