* Keep track of clean or dirty dishes in dishwasher. Place an empty spice jar with the lid off in corner of top rack. Container will be full of water if dishes are clean. Empty and get ready for next load.
* Clean wooden kitchen cabinets with a solution of 10 parts water and 1 part ammonia. When dry, apply a thin coat of wax.
* Eliminate odors from laundry hamper. Sprinkle baking soda between each layer of soiled clothing, such as sports uniforms. A 1/2-cup of baking soda added to rinse cycle when laundering will also help remove odors.
* Protect toddler’s hands when playing on swing sets. Cover swing-set chains with plastic shower-rod covers to prevent pinched fingers.
* Remove light stains on marble tabletops. Sprinkle salt on a lemon slice and rub gently over area. Be careful not to dull polished surface. Remove residue with soap and water.
* In the yard, divert attention from eyesores such as air conditioning units. Plant loosely pruned evergreens and flowering perennials around structure so it blends into landscape.