Classes for senior citizens who want to sharpen their driving skills and save money on insurance rates will be held in June throughout South County.
Sponsored by the American Assn. of Retired Persons, the classes will take place over two days and include eight hours of instruction.
The curriculum will show how to adjust driving habits to slower reflexes that come with age.
After completing the class, participants will receive a Department of Motor Vehicles certificate that is honored by insurance companies for rate discounts.
The cost is $8. Reservations are required and can be made by calling the site where the driving classes are being held. Classes in June will take place at the following locations:
* June 8 and 9 from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Iglesia Community Center, 24671 Via Iglesia in Laguna Hills. (714) 380-0155.
* June 13 and 14 from 8 to 12. (714) 348-2063.
* June 13 and 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the San Clemente Senior Citizen Center, 242 Avenida del Mar. (714) 498-3322.
* June 16 and 25 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Laguna Beach Seniors' Center, 384 Legion St. (714) 497-2441.
* June 22 and 29 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Capistrano Bay Park and Recreation District offices, 34052 Del Obispo St., Dana Point. (714) 496-4251.
* June 24 and 25 from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Freedom Village in Lake Forest.