This month, several branches of the Los Angeles Public Library will offer the public a chance to observe the moon and Mars through a telescope.
* Monday: El Sereno Branch, 4990 Huntington Drive, El Sereno.
* Tuesday: Chinatown Branch, 536 W. College St., Downtown.
* Thursday: Arroyo Seco, 6145 N. Figueroa St., Highland Park.
* Thursday: Benjamin Franklin, 2200 E. First St., Boyle Heights.
* March 13: Robert L. Stevenson, 803 Spence St., Boyle Heights.
* March 14: Malabar, 2801 Wabash Ave., Boyle Heights.
All viewings will be from 6 to 8 p.m.
Information: Dana Eklund at (213) 263-6901