Advertisement

SIMI VALLEY : Lint Behind Dryer Ignites House Fire

Lint behind a clothes dryer caused a house fire in Simi Valley on Sunday evening, according to the Ventura County Fire Department.

The fire on East Woodrow Avenue caused $36,000 worth of damage to the single-story house and $14,000 damage to the home’s contents. One firefighter was slightly injured at the scene when he stepped in a pothole and twisted his knee. He was treated at Simi Valley Hospital and released.

The fire began about 6 p.m. after resident Lola Smith put a load of clothes in the dryer and left the house. The fire, which started behind the dryer in the garage, quickly spread to the rest of the house.

About 40 firefighters, equipped with six fire engines, controlled the blaze within 30 minutes. The fire did not threaten nearby homes, according to the Fire Department.

Advertisement


Advertisement
Advertisement