THE TIMES ALL-REGION TRACK AND FIELD BOYS’ TEAM
El Camino Real, Senior
* Ran a school-record 47.9 and placed fifth in the City Section championships. He also recorded three of the region’s five fastest times.
Simi Valley, Sophomore
* The Ventura County champion ran 1:57 or faster six times, topped by a region-leading 1:55.20. He finished seventh in the Southern Section Division I championships.
* Runner-up in the Southern Section Division II championships. Ran 4:23.25 or faster six times, capped by a school-record 4:17.09 for fifth place in the Masters Meet.
* Cal State Northridge-bound Bernaldo ran a school-record 9:04.18 to place second in the State championships after winning the Masters Meet and the Southern Section Division III title.
Rio Mesa, Senior
110-meter high hurdles
* The Ventura County champion set a school record of 14.96 in the Southern Section Division II preliminaries and placed fourth in the final.
300-meter intermediate hurdles
* The Mission League champion recorded the three fastest times in the region, capped by a 39.42 for second in the Southern Section Division III final.
Newbury Park, Senior
High jump, Triple jump
* Placed second in the triple jump and fourth in the high jump in the Southern Section Division I championships and advanced to the State meet in both events. He was the region leader in the triple jump at 47 feet and co-leader in the high jump at 6-8.
* Occidental-bound DeMartinis cleared a region-leading 15-1 early in the season, but a severely sprained left ankle prevented him from jumping in the Southern Section Division III finals.
* Brigham Young-bound running back set a Ventura County record of 24-9 and won his third county title, but was not allowed to compete in the Southern Section Division II championships because he didn’t show up for his 200-meter heat in the preliminaries after Coach Bill Hayes said he intentionally false started in the 100.
Newbury Park, Senior
* Brigham Young-bound linebacker won his second consecutive Ventura County title, placed fourth in the Southern Section Division I championships and led the region at 53-6 1/2.
* The region leader with a school record of 161-9, Dagata placed second in the Southern Section Division IV championships for the second consecutive year.