* What did the tree say when it couldn't solve the puzzle? "I'm stumped." (Mayra Centeno, 9, San Diego, Grant Elementary)
* What do you get when a chicken crosses in front of a dragon? Fried chicken. (Michael Thompkin, 8, San Diego, Grant Elementary)
* What is black and white and has a trunk? A cow on vacation. (Patience Pohjala, 11, Garden Grove, Brookhurst Elementary)
* What is a mountain's favorite drink? Mountain Dew. (Jeffrey Toboco, 8, Orange, Orange Christian School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.