* Why did the turkey cross in the middle of the road? Thanksgiving was right around the corner! (Matthew Bartlett, 6, North Hollywood, Erwin Street School)
* What did the hen grow in her garden? Chickpeas. (Iman Khan, 7, Pasadena, New Horizon School)
* What would you do to stop an elephant from charging you? Tell him you only take cash. (Trevor Bartlett, 8, North Hollywood, Colfax Avenue School)
* What do scientists call the device that allows them to look through walls? A window. (Travis Westmore, 9, North Hollywood, Colfax Avenue School)
* How did the girl feel after she swallowed the jokes? She felt fine, but was a little "joked up." (Mallory Martinez, 5, Carlsbad, Aviara Oaks Elementary)
* SEND US A LINE: Kids, got a joke? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Include (print, please) your full name, age, hometown and school.