A partial list of acts of vandalism for which the Earth Liberation Front has claimed responsibility since 1997:
* May 21 arsons at the University of Washington Center for Urban Horticulture in Seattle and the Jefferson Poplar Farms in Clatskanie, Ore. The fire at UW caused as much as $3 million in structural damage; the Oregon fire caused at least $500,000 in damage.
* Jan. 1, Superior Lumber Co. in Glendale, Ore., is burned.
* Dec. 29, 2000, four luxury homes at Island Estates on Long Island, N.Y., are burned.
* Dec. 19, 2000, a Long Island home under construction is burned.
* Nov. 27, 2000, a luxury home in a new subdivision in Colorado is burned.
* Oct. 18, 2000, logging equipment in Indiana's Martin County State Forest is sabotaged.
* Sept. 9, 2000, Monroe County Republican Party Committee headquarters in Bloomington, Ind., are set on fire.
* July 21, 2000, experimental trees are cut down at a U.S. Forest Service research station in Rheinlander, Wis.
* Jan. 23, 2000, a luxury home in Bloomington, Ind., is set on fire.
* Dec. 31, 1999, arson fire at Michigan State University's Agriculture Hall in Lansing, Mich.
* Dec. 25, 1999, Boise Cascade office in Monmouth, Ore., is burned.
* Dec. 28, 1998, U.S. Forest Industries' headquarters in Medford, Ore., is burned.
* Oct. 19, 1998, fire sweeps through part of the Vail, Colo., ski resort.
* Nov. 29, 1997, fire at the Bureau of Land Management Wild Horse Corrals near Burns, Ore. Four hundred horses are released. The ELF and Animal Liberation Front claim joint responsibility.