* Chicago 8, at Baltimore 3: Gavin Floyd pitched eight innings of four-hit ball and the White Sox had nine extra-base hits to hand the Orioles their fifth straight loss. Orlando Cabrera went four for five for the first-place White Sox.
* Cleveland 10, at Detroit 4: Cliff Lee got his American League-leading 19th win and Ben Francisco hit two home runs in the Indians’ ninth consecutive victory, pushing them past the Tigers for third place in the AL East.
* Toronto 6, at Tampa Bay 2: Roy Halladay (16-9), who had lost his first three starts to the Rays with an ERA of 5.32, gave up two runs and six hits in six innings. Vernon Wells homered and had three RBIs.
* Texas 2, at Kansas City 1: Kevin Millwood pitched his second consecutive complete game and the Rangers scored two unearned runs against the Royals, who have lost 16 of 19. Royals outfielder Jose Guillen had to be restrained from a heckling fan after he stopped at first base after hitting a ball off the wall.
* at Seattle 3, Minnesota 2: Jose Lopez drove in the go-ahead run in the sixth inning and Roy Corcoran got his first career save as the Twins lost their fourth in a row.
* Boston 7, at New York 3: Tim Wakefield won in his return from the disabled list and the Red Sox moved a step closer to squashing New York’s playoff hopes, beating Andy Pettitte.
* at Angels 5, Oakland 1: John Lackey took a shutout into the ninth inning.