* at Chicago Cubs 4, Pittsburgh 3: In the only non-interleague game of the day, Kosuke Fukudome and Ronny Cedeno had RBI singles and the Cubs got two sacrifice flies to beat the Pirates.
* at Cincinnati 6, Cleveland 4: Adam Dunn homered for the fourth straight game and Joey Votto finished off Cliff Lee with the first pinch-hit homer of his career, leading the Reds to a three-game sweep of the Indians.
* Houston 5, at Texas 4: Brandon Backe pitched into the seventh inning and Miguel Tejada had three hits for the Astros. The Rangers crept within 5-4 on Frank Catalanotto's RBI double in the eighth. Jose Valverde, who got four outs for his 12th save in 15 chances, retired Michael Young to end the inning.
* Chicago White Sox 13, at San Francisco 8: Nick Swisher had a tiebreaking pinch-hit three-run double in the eighth inning. The White Sox got three straight one-out singles off Tyler Walker (1-2) in the eighth to load the bases. He then struck out Brian Anderson before Swisher's hit.
* at Boston 11, Milwaukee 7: David Ortiz homered twice and drove in four runs, Kevin Youkilis hit a two-run homer and Dustin Pedroia also homered for the Red Sox. Ryan Braun hit his 12th and 13th homers for the Brewers, who lost their fifth straight.
* at Colorado 6, Minnesota 2: Jeff Francis won for the first time this season and Todd Helton homered and drove in three runs for the Rockies.
* Kansas City 9, at Florida 3: Jose Guillen homered and drove in four runs and Zack Greinke went six innings for the Royals. Florida remained atop the NL East despite finishing the week with only one victory in six games.
* at Atlanta 5, Oakland 2: Yunel Escobar had three hits, including a go-ahead, two-run single, and Omar Infante added a two-run triple in the eighth inning for the Braves.
* at St. Louis 5, Tampa Bay 4: Skip Schumaker doubled with one out in the ninth inning over a drawn-in outfield, driving in the winning run and capping the Cardinals' rally from a three-run deficit.
* at Seattle 3, San Diego 2: Jose Lopez lined a two-out, two-run double in the eighth for the difference. Arthur Rhodes (2-0) got the final out of the eighth to get the win, and J.J. Putz pitched the ninth for his fifth save.
* Toronto 6, at Philadelphia 5: Lyle Overbay's three-run homer and Shannon Stewart's two-run double helped the Blue Jays win a game that was delayed twice by rain.
* Washington 2, at Baltimore 1: Rookie John Lannan took a three-hitter into the eighth inning, Cristian Guzman homered, and the Nationals ended the Orioles' winning streak at four games.
* N.Y. Mets 11, at N.Y. Yankees 2: Oliver Perez shut down the slumping Yankees and Jose Reyes homered for the second consecutive game. The Mets won a series at Yankee Stadium for only the second time since interleague play began in 1997.
* at Arizona 4, Detroit 0: Randy Johnson pitched seven scoreless innings for his 288th victory.
* at Angels 10, Dodgers 2: Mike Napoli homered twice and drove in a career-high five runs.