Lil Wayne is ‘OK’ after suffering two seizures and will perform this weekend, his rep says
Lil Wayne is “OK,” according to his representative, after experiencing two minor seizures earlier this week while on board a private plane traveling to California.
On Monday, TMZ reported that Lil Wayne’s plane made an emergency landing in Nebraska during a flight from Milwaukee, where the 33-year-old rapper had performed the previous night. Paramedics met him on the ground to treat him for a seizure, the website said, but Lil Wayne refused treatment and the plane took off again — only to return to the airport after he suffered a second seizure in the air.
Lil Wayne’s publicist, Derek Sherron, said Wednesday that the rapper, who is epileptic, “rested under the care of his doctors” and had recovered from the seizures.
Sherron added that Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., would make a scheduled appearance this week at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles and would perform Saturday night at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.
From the Emmys to the Oscars.
Get our revamped Envelope newsletter, sent twice a week, for exclusive awards season coverage, behind-the-scenes insights and columnist Glenn Whipp’s commentary.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.