Advertisement

Local News in Brief : Fires Destroy Reseda Home, Damage 2nd

A faulty air conditioner and a toaster oven caused fires Tuesday that destroyed a Reseda home and badly damaged a house in North Hollywood, the Los Angeles City Fire Department said.

The Reseda fire at 6215 White Oak Ave. was started by a malfunctioning air conditioner and caused $150,000 damage, department spokesman Jim Wells said.

In North Hollywood, a home at 12537 Killion St. suffered $71,000 damage after a toaster oven caught fire, Wells said.

No one was injured, he said.

Advertisement


Advertisement