A Spring Valley man died in a mobile-home fire Thursday morning after alerting his housemate to the blaze, a sheriff’s spokesman said. The unidentified woman escaped the trailer, but Ernest Howard Kenyon, 58, perished.
Firefighters from the San Miguel fire protection district arrived at the Sweetwater Lodge trailer park at 10707 Jamacha Blvd. at 6:26 a.m. After the fire was extinguished, Kenyon’s body was found in the back bedroom, said a sheriff’s spokesman.
The 32-year-old woman who escaped the fire was treated for smoke inhalation, but was otherwise uninjured, said Sheriff’s Sgt. Conrad Grayson.
Sheriff’s arson investigators tentatively concluded that the fire was accidental and stemmed from a problem with the wiring in the ceiling of the mobile home’s kitchen, Grayson said. The damage to the contents and structure was estimated at $50,000.