Highly Flammable Chemical Spilled
Hundreds of gallons of a flammable and toxic liquid spilled Tuesday as it was being transferred from a truck to a storage tank, fire officials said.
Firefighters responded to reports of spill at Neville Chemical, at 2201 E. Cerritos Ave., at 12:29 p.m. When they arrived, most of the spilled calsol thinner had already seeped into the ground, a fire dispatcher said.
Calsol is a moderately toxic and highly flammable chemical, the dispatcher said. Between 200 and 400 gallons of the chemical spilled, she said. No injuries were reported.