Mater Dei, Junior
Ticehurst moved from midfielder to forward this season to give the Monarchs more scoring punch. So far she has been a knockout. “We call her the enigma,” Coach Austin Sharp said, “because you just don’t know where she’s going to go or what she’s going to do with it.” These days, she’s mostly putting the ball in the net. She has scored in Mater Dei’s last four South Coast League games. Tuesday, she scored the winning goal in the 70th minute in a 2-1 victory over Dana Hills. Thursday, she scored 10 minutes into the second half in a 1-0 victory over Trabuco Hills.
* Ocean View, senior. Scored 20 points, including a free throw with six seconds left, to give the No. 10 Seahawks a 53-52 victory over No. 7 Westminster, forcing a tie for first in the Golden West League.
* University, senior. Scored 16 points, including a layup with 21 seconds left, to lift Trojans to 56-55 victory over Estancia, giving them a share of second in the Pacific Coast League.
* Century, freshman. Scored 21 points in a 44-34 victory over El Dorado, which moved the Centurions alone into first place in the Empire League.
* Brea Olinda, junior. Scored 23 points in a 74-46 victory over Western and 21 in a 73-33 victory over Magnolia, leading the Ladycats to their 86th and 87th consecutive Orange League victories.
* Marina, senior. Scored the game-winning goal with 10 minutes left in a 2-1 victory over Fountain Valley, as the Vikings moved into a tie for second in the Sunset League.