* WHAT: Semifinal games
* WHEN: Tonight, 7:30
* TICKET PRICES: Adults, $7; students and children under 12, $4
BOYS' DIVISION III
* WHO: Chaminade (28-1) at University of San Diego High School (23-4)
* MATCHUPS: University, ranked No. 9 in the state, is not like all the others Chaminade has dismantled in five postseason games. The Dons have a frontline bigger and more experienced than Chaminade's. Arizona-bound Luke Walton, a 6-foot-8 center, and brother Chris , a 6-7 sophomore, are the sons of Bill Walton. Luke, who is averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds a game, is one of three starters who will play Division I basketball next season. Senior forward Ronnie McMillan (6-6), who is being recruited by several colleges, is averaging 17 points. San Diego State-bound point guard David Abramowitz (6-0) scored 23 points Tuesday in University's 77-52 victory over Yosemite in a first-round regional. Kam Walton, a 6-8 sophomore and the cousin of Luke and Chris, usually starts at forward. Chaminade, winner of 25 in a row, will counter with freshman center Scott Borchart (6-7) and senior forward Scott Long (6-5).
BOYS' DIVISION V
* WHO: Santa Clara (15-13) at San Diego Horizon (26-2)
* MATCHUPS: Beating top-seeded Horizon could prove a tall order for Santa Clara, seeded fifth. The frontline for the Panthers, ranked second among San Diego Section teams behind University all season, is 6-11 senior center Blake Jensen, his brother Trevor, a 6-7 junior, and 6-8 sophomore forward Chris Monroe. Horizon, the state Division V runner-up last season, won the San Diego Section Division V championship last week and routed Laguna Blanca, 91-28, in the first round of the state playoffs. Southern Section Division V-AA runner-up Santa Clara has nobody taller than 6-3, but, aided by the return of previously injured swingman Nick Jones, the Saints have played well recently. Jones and B.J. Ward (both 6-3 juniors) have combined for 109 points in the Saints' past two games.
GIRLS' DIVISION III
* WHO: Bakersfield Wasco (24-5) vs. Alemany (25-6) at L.A. Baptist High
* MATCHUPS: Wasco outlasted South Sequioa League rival Shafter, 54-49, last week to claim the Central Section Division III title. Alemany routed Shafter, 87-59, Tuesday night in the first round of the regionals. Christal Williams is averaging 19.3 points and 5.8 rebounds for Wasco, while forward Vandy Noldon adds 11.2 points and 6.6 assists. Sophomore Kate Beckler is averaging 24.4 points in the playoffs for Alemany and scored 30 against Shafter. Senior Kelli Kobayashi scored 29 against Shafter and is averaging 16 in the postseason. . Alemany defeated La Puente, 62-39, in the section final. La Puente lost, 55-53, at Wasco on Tuesday in the regional opener.
GIRLS' DIVISION III
* WHO: Morningside (27-6) at Harvard-Westlake (27-5)
* MATCHUPS: This is a rematch of the Southern Section Division III-A final, which Harvard-Westlake won, 45-41, Friday. The Wolverines shot only 36 percent in that game, but received 17 points from sophomore guard Brooke Porter and seven points in the final five minutes from sophomore L'Tanya Robnett. Harvard-Westlake, making its first appearance in the state playoffs, routed University of San Diego, 83-53, in the first round of the regionals. Corrie Roberts and Omelogo Udeze combined for 37 points in that game. Morningside defeated San Diego Kearney, 57-38, in the opening round Tuesday. Kamesha Bell leads Morningside with a 14.7 scoring average.