BY THE NUMBERS
* 4 Attempts it took Lalo Mendoza to get from 199 career coaching victories to 200. After three consecutive losses, Los Angeles Salesian upset previously undefeated Burbank Bell-Jeff, 20-14, in a Santa Fe League game.
* 5 Second-half plays run by La Crescenta Crescenta Valley in its 48-12 victory over Glendale Hoover. The Falcons scored on three of the plays.
* 8 Consecutive losses this season by Orange El Modena. The winless Vanguards played in the Southern Section Division VI semifinals last year.
* 36 Consecutive victories by Mission Viejo after its 49-7 win over South Coast League rival San Clemente, displacing Los Angeles Loyola with the third-longest streak in Southern Section history. Next up is Canyon Country Canyon, with 46 wins from 1983 to 1986.
* Ty McClintock kicked a 32-yard field goal with no time left to give Yucca Valley a 13-10 DeAnza League victory over Twentynine Palms.
* Sean Sehnem kicked a 17-yard field goal with five seconds left to give Encino Crespi a 17-15 Del Rey League victory over Gardena Serra.
* Joevany Cueva's third touchdown, from two yards, with 17 seconds left gave Santa Ana Valley a 26-22 Orange League victory over Anaheim Savanna.
* Tyson Hawley completed 18 of 20 passes for 470 yards and five touchdowns to lead El Segundo to a 45-18 nonleague victory over Panorama City St. Genevieve. He had 383 yards in the first half, and a running clock was used in the second.
* Philip Salazar led Crescenta Valley to a 48-12 victory over Glendale Hoover by completing seven of 12 passes for 229 yards and two touchdowns, and rushing 11 times for 113 yards and three touchdowns.
* Contrell Walker completed four of eight passes for 161 yards -- more than 40 yards per completion -- and three touchdowns as L.A. Jefferson defeated L.A. Manual Arts, 46-14, in a Coliseum League game.
* Devin Martinez rushed 24 times for 305 yards and seven touchdowns as L.A. Cathedral defeated Torrance Bishop Montgomery, 55-0, in a Del Rey League game.
-- Martin Henderson