* at No. 16 Brigham Young 41,...
* at No. 16 Brigham Young 41, Northern Iowa 17: The Cougars fumbled four times in the second half and let a 24-point lead slip to 10 before finally putting away the Panthers. Max Hall threw for 486 yards and two touchdowns and Dennis Pitta had a career-best 213 receiving yards for the Cougars as they extended the longest winning streak in the nation to 11. Hall scored BYU’s first points of the second half on a 1-yard keeper with 9:02 left to play, then BYU recovered a fumble less than a minute later that led to another touchdown.
* at Air Force 41, Southern Utah 7: Shea Smith, making his first career start, ran for one touchdown and threw for another for the Falcons, who had 508 total yards, 433 on the ground. The Thunderbirds lost their 19th consecutive game and haven’t won since beating Texas State in 2006. Southern Utah, from the Championship Subdivision, finished with seven rushing yards and 130 yards of total offense. Wide receiver Tysson Poots had nine catches for 73 yards for the Thunderbirds
* at Wyoming 21, Ohio 20: Sophomore transfer Dax Crum helped lead the Cowboys on a key fourth-quarter drive and the defense held tight in the game’s final minutes. After trailing for two quarters, Wyoming put together a 13-play, 84-yard drive, capped by Crum’s 23-yard touchdown pass to Donate Morgan for the winning score in the middle of the fourth quarter.
* Texas Christian 26, at New Mexico 3: Quarterback Andy Dalton ran for two touchdowns and the Horned Frogs took advantage of the Lobos’ first-half errors in a Mountain West Conference game. The Horned Frogs scored on their first three possessions and needed a span of just over four minutes to build a 16-0 lead.
* at San Jose State 13, UC Davis 10: Kyle Reed threw two touchdowns in the second half, including one with eight seconds left to play, to lift the Spartans to a victory. Reed was the third quarterback used by Spartans Coach Dick Tomey.
* at Boise State 49, Idaho State 7: Freshman Kellen Moore threw for 274 yards and two touchdowns in the Broncos’ victory.
* Cal Poly 29, at San Diego State 27: Ryan Lindley threw for 352 yards, but it wasn’t enough for the Aztecs, who lost on Andrew Gardner’s 21-yard field goal as time expired. Cal Poly was in control most of the night, building leads of 9-0, 16-7 and 23-14 leads thanks largely to quarterback Jonathan Dally.
* at Nevada 49, Grambling State 13: Quarterback Colin Kaepernick rushed for three touchdowns to lead the Wolf Pack to its first victory in a season opener since 2003. Grambling State was led by quarterback Greg Dillon, who completed 13 of 25 passes for 225 yards.
* at Nevada Las Vegas 27, Utah State 17: Quarterback Omar Clayton threw for three touchdowns and 192 yards to lead the Rebels past Utah State.