Bond fire: Evacuations, road closures, shelters
The fire was moving southwest, out of the foothills, on Thursday.
Several areas are under both mandatory and voluntary evacuations. The latest map of evacuation areas from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department is available here.
Here are the areas under evacuation as of Thursday afternoon:
Foothill Ranch east and Foothill Ranch north
Black Star Canyon
Live Oak Canyon
Holy Jim Canyon
Red Cross evacuation point
A temporary Red Cross evacuation point has been set up in Lot 2 of Santiago Canyon College, 8045 E. Chapman Ave., in Orange.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, authorities said no congregate shelter was available and urged evacuees “to seek safety with family/friends or in a hotel.”
Small pets shelter
1630 Victory Road, Tustin
Santiago Canyon Road from Jackson Ranch to the 241 Freeway
133 toll road:
- Northbound between the 5 Freeway and the 241 toll road
- Northbound connector to the northbound 241 toll road is closed
- Northbound/southbound 5 Freeway connector to the northbound 133 is closed
241 toll road:
- Northbound between the 133 interchange and the 91 Freeway
- Southbound between the 91 and Portola Parkway (north)
261 toll road:
- Northbound between Edinger/Walnut and the 241
Avoid canyon roads.
The stories shaping California
Get up to speed with our Essential California newsletter, sent six days a week.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.