When the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced its 2016 Oscar nominees, only white actors and actresses were among the chosen few in the top four categories -- for the second year in a row -- resulting in the resurgence of the social media hashtag #OscarsSoWhite and a bevy of concerns about diversity in Hollywood. Here, we keep a running list of the latest in the conversation, and the Academy's recent response.
- 2016 awards season database: Search all of the nominees and winners
- The Academy responds and rewrites the rules: Read Cheryl Boone Isaacs first comments on why Oscars changes are 'the right thing to do'
- Critic's Notebook: Why the #OscarsSoWhite fuss matters
- Readers react: Will you boycott the Oscars?
- #OscarsSoWhite creator on Oscar noms: 'Don't tell me that people of color, women cannot fill seats'
- Oscars nominations 2016: Here's the complete list of nominees