Oscar nominees discuss diversity in Hollywood amid the #OscarsSoWhite backlash
When the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced its 2016 Oscar nominees, only white actors and actresses were among the chosen few in the top four categories -- for the second year in a row -- resulting in the resurgence of the social media hashtag #OscarsSoWhite and a bevy of concerns about diversity in Hollywood. Here, we keep a running list of the latest in the conversation, and the Academy’s recent response.
- 2016 awards season database: Search all of the nominees and winners
- The Academy responds and rewrites the rules: Read Cheryl Boone Isaacs first comments on why Oscars changes are ‘the right thing to do’
- Critic’s Notebook: Why the #OscarsSoWhite fuss matters
- Readers react: Will you boycott the Oscars?
- #OscarsSoWhite creator on Oscar noms: ‘Don’t tell me that people of color, women cannot fill seats’
- Oscars nominations 2016: Here’s the complete list of nominees