State health regulators may decide today whether to recertify an Anaheim home for the developmentally disabled that has been accused of failing to comply with health and safety standards, officials said.
Casa Grande, an intermediate care facility that houses 91 disabled clients, lost its Medi-Cal funding last month, after a November inspection by state Department of Health Services investigators found more than 100 violations ranging from lax record-keeping to inadequate training of staff.
The facility was reinspected last month, and the report scheduled to be released today will reveal whether the home has taken the necessary steps to be recertified.
If it is determined that the home has again failed to meet standards, Medi-Cal funding will be suspended Tuesday, and patients eligible for Medi-Cal must move.
That prospect has angered many parents and relatives of clients who contend that Casa Grande has been treated unfairly by the state. The parents, who formed a support group after Casa Grande was decertified, say the home generally has provided a high quality of care.
The owners of Casa Grande, Bryan and Maria Salvibar, in a written response to state officials, rebutted many of the charges made against the facility.
Bryan Salvibar also complained Thursday that the state has been inconsistent in its handling of Casa Grande, citing the results of a December on-site audit also conducted by state health officials that found no substantial deficiencies.
But he said that, despite the contradictory reports, they are trying to comply with recommendations to improve services.