* Five local mystery authors will discuss their latest books and the publishing business at 7 p.m. Friday at Barnes & Noble in Metro Pointe, 901 S. Coast Drive, Costa Mesa. Scheduled to appear are Sherri L. Board, Jerrilyn Farmer, Earlene Fowler, Kris Neri and Nathan Walpow. (714) 444-0226.
* Laguna Hills Chapter of Brandeis University National Women’s Committee will hold its 10th annual Book and Author luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 11 at the Irvine Marriott Hotel. Speakers include Gina Nahai (“Moonlight on the Avenue of Faith”), Lisa See (“Flower Net”), Diane Leslie (“Fleur de Leigh’s Life of Crime”), and Mimi Latt (“Pursuit of Justice”). $40. Reservations due by Friday. (949) 458-2296. (949) 770-7184.
* Barry Siegel will discuss and sign “Actual Innocence” at Coffee, Tea & Mystery, 13232 Springdale St., Westminster. 1 p.m. today. (714) 898-2583.
* Robert B. Parker will discuss and sign “Family Honor” at Coffee, Tea & Mystery, 13232 Springdale St., Westminster. 3 p.m. today. (714) 898-2583.
* Eve Bunting will discuss and sign “I Have an Olive Tree” at the Whale of a Tale Children’s Bookshoppe, 4199 Campus Drive, Irvine. 4 p.m. Monday. (949) 854-8288.
* Poet Lee Mallory will read and tell tales of Charles Bukowski, Kenneth Rexroth and Richard Brautigan and other authors at the Gypsy Den Cafe and Reading Room in the Lab, 2930 Bristol St., Costa Mesa. 8 p.m. Tuesday. (714) 549-7012.
* Carole Nelson Douglas will discuss and sign “Cat in a Jeweled Jumpsuit"--and speak on pet adoption--at the Seal Beach Animal Care Center, 1700 Adolfo Lopez Drive, Seal Beach. 7 p.m. Wednesday. (562) 430-4993.
* Ben Stoltzfus, author of “The Eye of the Needle,” will speak in Argyros Forum room 209 at Chapman University, 333 N. Glassell St., Orange. 8 p.m. Thursday. $5. (714) 997-6812.
* Maria Hinojosa will sign and read “Raising Raul: Adventures of Raising Myself and My Son” at Martinez Books and Art Gallery, 1110 N. Main St., Santa Ana. 7 p.m. Friday. (714) 973-7900.
* Dawn Kohler will discuss and sign “A New Dawn Rising” at Borders Books and Music, 429 S. Associated Road, Brea. 7 p.m. Friday. (714) 672-0120.
* Kent Braithwaite will sign “The Wonderland Murders” at Bookman Too, 19111 Beach Blvd., Huntington Beach. 1 p.m. Saturday. (714) 596-1999.
Send information about book-related events at least 10 days before event to: Dennis McLellan, O.C. Books & Authors, Southern California Living, The Times, 1375 Sunflower Ave., Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Or e-mail to email@example.com.