* Thousand Oaks pitchers Mandy Kilionski and Suzanne Cominski combined for 23 strikeouts in two games, one of four innings and the other of five.
* Lindsey Russo scored from second base while the first baseman argued a call at first, and Katie Trott gave up only two hits as Fountain Valley beat Clovis, the top-ranked team in the country by Student Sports magazine, 1-0.
* Jodi Legaspi, the Garden Grove Pacifica shortstop, had a double in the bottom of the eighth inning to beat University (San Diego), the No. 7 team in the state, and pitcher Lisa Dodd, who had a 0.10 career ERA.
* Pacifica pitcher Brittany Weil pitched consecutive no-hitters, against then-No. 25 Lake Forest El Toro and Gainesville (Fla.) Buchholz, which was ranked No. 2 in the country by Student Sports.
* Zoe Mann had three hits and three RBIs as Brentwood defeated North Hollywood Oakwood, 5-4.
* The Marmonte League is probably the best softball league in Southern California, and it starts today at Thousand Oaks, where the fifth-ranked Lancers play host to seventh-ranked Simi Valley Royal.
* Fresh off its impressive showing at the Tournament of Champions, top-ranked Pacifica plays host to No. 15 Anaheim Canyon on Wednesday.