Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- Anthony Scaramucci is out and Twitter is having a field day
- Goodbye, MTV Moonman trophy. Hello, 'Moon Person'
- Sam Shepard: Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, actor and ... avant-garde drummer?
- Lady Gaga subpoenaed in producer Dr. Luke's lawsuit against pop singer Kesha
- 'Ride on, genius': Celebrities mourn the loss of Sam Shepard
Think about what it means to be a destitute actor who refuses to sell a script and molds his own inadequacies into the figure of a boxer. Then look what happened. Rocky entered the fabric of the American subconscious. When you cheer Rocky, you cheer someone fighting an uphill struggle. He had no money, but he had ethics. He had no skill, but he had courage. He touched a nerve that translated into an international myth.
FROM THE ARCHIVES: Can Sly Get Serious?