Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- Iggy Pop is 70 and he obliterated his set at FYF Fest
- Alice Cooper discovers forgotten Andy Warhol masterpiece rolled up in storage locker
- BBC director hopes to close the broadcaster's gender pay gap before 2020
- Solange brings healing to FYF Fest with jubilant celebration of black joy
- 'My Friend Dahmer' trailer chronicles the serial killer's high school years
- We talked to Issa Rae about that scene from the 'Insecure' Season 2 premiere
Ryan Phillippe has broken his leg badly, he says, but the "freak accident" didn't happen while he was on the job.
Late Sunday, the "Shooter" star posted a photo of himself laid up in a hospital bed with obvious damage to his right leg. On Monday morning, he provided more details.
"[H]ey, guys. i didn't injure myself doing a stunt or anywhere near the set of shooter. i was the victim of a freak accident during a family outing on sunday," he said in a series of tweets. "[M]y leg is badly broken & required surgical attention, but i will make a full recovery, am in good hands, and will be back in action soon."
Phillippe continued: "[T]hank you for all the well wishes, support, & concern. also a special thanks to the paramedics & first responders who helped me at the scene & to the medical staff caring for me now. i will keep you updated on my progress."
To pass the time while he's laid up, the 42-year-old actor said, he'll be live-tweeting the East Coast and West Coast feeds of "Shooter" on Tuesday night, when the show's second season premieres on USA Network.
Fans, take note: Phillippe also plans to do a nice long Twitter Q&A ahead of show time.
"[C]ome up w good q's for my a," he urged.