Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- Anthony Scaramucci is out and Twitter is having a field day
- Goodbye, MTV Moonman trophy. Hello, 'Moon Person'
- Sam Shepard: Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, actor and ... avant-garde drummer?
- Lady Gaga subpoenaed in producer Dr. Luke's lawsuit against pop singer Kesha
- 'Ride on, genius': Celebrities mourn the loss of Sam Shepard
Ryan Phillippe has broken his leg badly, he says, but the "freak accident" didn't happen while he was on the job.
Late Sunday, the "Shooter" star posted a photo of himself laid up in a hospital bed with obvious damage to his right leg. On Monday morning, he provided more details.
"[H]ey, guys. i didn't injure myself doing a stunt or anywhere near the set of shooter. i was the victim of a freak accident during a family outing on sunday," he said in a series of tweets. "[M]y leg is badly broken & required surgical attention, but i will make a full recovery, am in good hands, and will be back in action soon."
Phillippe continued: "[T]hank you for all the well wishes, support, & concern. also a special thanks to the paramedics & first responders who helped me at the scene & to the medical staff caring for me now. i will keep you updated on my progress."
To pass the time while he's laid up, the 42-year-old actor said, he'll be live-tweeting the East Coast and West Coast feeds of "Shooter" on Tuesday night, when the show's second season premieres on USA Network.
Fans, take note: Phillippe also plans to do a nice long Twitter Q&A ahead of show time.
"[C]ome up w good q's for my a," he urged.