BY THE NUMBERS
* 17 Penalties, for 153 yards, assessed against Long Beach Poly in its 53-14 victory over Long Beach Wilson.
* 33.3 Average points scored by Valencia in its three losses, most recently to Newhall Hart, 42-35. In those games, all against top 25 teams, the Vikings have allowed an average 39.3 points.
* 43 Consecutive losses by Garden Grove Bolsa Grande, a streak that ended Friday with a 16-0 victory over Westminster La Quinta. The state record is 46 by Moorpark.
* 1,042 Yards gained in the last three games -- in a 10-day span, no less -- by Norco sophomore Toby Gerhart, who rushed 42 times for 315 yards in a 28-27 victory over Corona, giving the Cougars their first outright Mountain View League title since 1995 .
* David Sanford's 49-yard touchdown run with 33 seconds left gave Newbury Park a 20-13 Marmonte League victory over Thousand Oaks.
* David Torres kicked a 28-yard field goal in overtime to give Hemet West Valley a 3-0 victory over Wildomar Elsinore and a share of the Sunbelt League title.
* Dan Howell scored from one yard with 1:55 left, and Kevin Ciccone intercepted a pass in the end zone as time expired to help Newhall Hart score a 42-35 Foothill League victory over Valencia for its 13th consecutive league title.
* Chad Kackert rushed for 306 yards and seven touchdowns in 24 carries as Simi Valley Grace Brethren defeated Compton Centennial, 62-6.
* Bryan Payton returned kickoffs 95 and 71 yards for touchdowns and returned an interception 80 yards for another to lead West Covina South Hills to a 39-12 San Antonio League victory over West Covina.
* Randy Tresvant rushed 27 times for 281 yards and three touchdowns as La Puente Bassett defeated Gladstone, 46-34, to win the Montview League title, its first since 1994.
* Tony Shropshire rushed 27 times for 232 yards and two touchdowns to lead Pomona Garey to a 35-13 nonleague victory over Nogales.
* Laydell Shelton rushed 29 times for a school-record 224 yards and four touchdowns to give Simi Valley a 35-6 Marmonte League victory over Simi Valley Royal.
* Dereik Driscoll ran for 224 yards and four touchdowns to give Lakewood Mayfair a 31-16 victory over Bellflower and its third consecutive Suburban League title.
-- Martin Henderson