The 2018 Emmy Award nominations were announced Thursday morning. After a year of ineligibility, “Game of Thrones” returned with a stunning 22 nominations, including best drama. Another HBO drama, “Westworld,” followed closely behind with 21 nominations. Last year’s best drama series winner “The Handmaid’s Tale” drew 20 nominations. Additionally, Sandra Oh made history as the first Asian actress to be nominated for best lead actress in a drama series. On the comedy side, “Saturday Night Live” and “Atlanta” were tops with 21 and 16 nominations, respectively. See the nominations list below as well as analysis and interviews from The Times tied to this year’s nominations.
- Emmy nominations: A reflection of America, the bad and the good
- Benedict Cumberbatch had a very English reaction to news of his sixth Emmy nomination
- In ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘Handmaid’s Tale,’ the top Emmy nominees reflect a revolution at different points
- The Emmys will be full of color, as cultural diversity distinguishes major categories
- Sandra Oh on her historical Emmy nomination: ‘Let’s move it forward’
- Netflix nudges past HBO to top Emmy nominations list with 112
- The complete list of nominations