The Times' preseason top 25 prep football rankings.
1. CORONA CENTENNIAL. No-huddle offense will continue to score points in large numbers.
2. ST. JOHN BOSCO. Improved defense means beware of the Braves.
3. NARBONNE. Everything in place to make bid for No. 1 in California.
4. GARDENA SERRA. The Cavaliers place their trust in QB Khalil Tate.
5. BISHOP AMAT. If the offensive line is as good as expected, watch out.
6. MATER DEI. Improved speed, strong defense will help overcome inexperience at QB.
7. VISTA MURRIETA. When Coach Coley Candaele says his team is good, take notice.
8. ALEMANY. Improved defense and sophomore QB Brevin White lead Warriors.
9. LONG BEACH POLY. Count on Jack Jones making big plays.
10. NORCO. QB Victor Viramontes is the real deal.
11. CRESPI. Veer attack and RB Jalen Starks must be stopped.
12. MISSION VIEJO. Diablos opened in Hawaii with 63-7 win.
13. SANTA MARGARITA. Eagles building around QB K.J. Costello.
14. REDLANDS EAST VALLEY. Lots of veterans return from state championship team.
15. WESTLAKE. WR Theo Howard will be exciting player.
16. OAKS CHRISTIAN. Sophomore QB Matt Corral is a star in the making.
17. LOS ALAMITOS. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball.
18. TESORO. As QB Devon Modster goes, so go the Titans.
19. ORANGE LUTHERAN. Looking for a few breakthrough wins in Trinity League.
20. SHERMAN OAKS NOTRE DAME. RB Leo Lambert III is ready for big season.
21. RANCHO CUCAMONGA. Lots of players with college offers.
22. UPLAND. Is there life after Tyler Hilinski? New players ready to step up.
23. EDISON. Line play will be critical in rise of Chargers.
24. JSERRA. A new QB must step up for Lions.
25. LOYOLA. DB-WR David Long gives Cubs top weapon.
Among other teams to watch: San Pedro, San Clemente, Charter Oak, La Mirada, Crenshaw, Great Oak, La Habra.