Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- Wendy Williams collapses during her live show
- Netflix halts 'House of Cards' Season 6 production in wake of Kevin Spacey accusations
- Halloween is finally here, and these celebrities have conquered it
- Jay-Z to receive Grammy Salute to Industry Icons Award
- Niall Horan's 'Flicker' helps One Direction make chart history
- Rose McGowan on months-old arrest warrant: 'Are they trying to silence me?'
As Jason Aldean was performing on the main stage, a burst of weapons fire disrupted the Route 91 Harvest country music festival in Las Vegas on Sunday night. Officials reported more than 50 dead and at least 406 injured.
Witnesses said shots appeared to be come from an upper floor of the nearby Mandalay Resort and Casino, and police temporarily shut down parts of the Strip as they established a triage center for the wounded.
The suspected gunman was killed in a clash with police, authorities said.
Aldean was the final act of the festival, and dozens of others had played over the course of the weekend, including Eric Church, Sam Hunt and Maren Morris. In numerous tweets, artists communicated with fans and followers, expressing their sorrow and prayers for anyone injured and telling loved ones that they were safe.
Jake Owen, who played the main stage before Aldean, tweeted: "Praying for everyone here in Vegas. I witnessed the most unimaginable event tonight. We are okay. Others arent. Please pray."
Here are more messages from artists who performed this weekend at the festival:
6:48 a.m.: This post was updated with a revised toll of the injured.
4:16 a.m.: This post was updated with a revised toll of the dead and injured.
1:45 a.m.: This post was updated with a revised toll of the dead and injured.