Gov. Jerry Brown endorsed six House candidates Monday, all of whom are fighting to keep or flip a seat for the Democrats.
- Rep. Ami Bera (D-Elk Grove)
- Michael Eggman (challenging Rep. Jeff Denham in the 10th District)
- Emilio Huerta (challenging Rep. David Valadao in the 21st)
- Bryan Caforio (challenging Rep. Steve Knight in the 25th)
- Doug Applegate (challenging Rep. Darrell Issa in the 49th)
- Salud Carbajal (hoping to hold outgoing Rep. Lois Capps' seat for Democrats)
All six races are among the most closely watched contests in California this cycle. Democrats already hold 39 of 53 House seats in the largest state delegation in Congress.
Brown endorsed California Atty. Gen Kamala Harris in her U.S. Senate race against Rep. Loretta Sanchez, a fellow Democrat, but he didn't endorse a candidate in the eight House districts where Democrats are squaring off under California's top-two primary system.