Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- Newly reopened Angels Flight has long been a popular L.A. shooting location
- Jamie Foxx announces telethon for Hurricane Harvey relief
- Gwyneth Paltrow admits she's screwed up plenty of relationships
- Longtime 'Simpsons' composer Alf Clausen exits the show after 27 years
- Firefighter who resuscitated Princess Diana remembers her final moments on 20th anniversary of her death
- Instead of statues, Trevor Noah and Roy Wood Jr. have another idea for honoring Confederate history
People who are not Chris Pratt or Anna Faris seem to be taking the Chris Pratt-Anna Faris breakup news more seriously than they expected.
The union of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Mom" stars — they got married in 2009 and have a 4-year-old son together — appears to have meant quite a bit to legions of complete strangers.
Prominent themes on social media: The introspective "I don't care about celebrity couples, but for some reason I cared about them," and the more bluntly fatalistic "Love is dead."
There was also evidence of a protective vibe toward other seemingly solid celebrity couples.
And perhaps this guy said it best ...